M. Scott Faulkenberry
M. Scott Faulkenberry has over 17 years experience as a fundraiser with PCDS, Capital Strategists Group (CSG), and the Francis Marion University Foundation and Office of Development. Scott has demonstrated success in funding development at many levels as the lead development consultant in projects across the country involving a wide variety of community organizations, universities, and non-profits. Scott clearly understands their roles and the value they offer the communities they serve. Underscoring his expertise is his familiarity with the philanthropic guidelines and principles of many major corporations and private foundations. It is the ongoing cultivation of these and other relationships that has contributed to a successful fundraising career and the funding of many not for profit programs and initiatives.
Scott specializes in the professional solicitation of individuals, private foundations and the corporate community. He has been involved with local, regional, national, and international fundraising campaigns which always include: Organizational Vision; Sustainability Plans; Program Prospectus; Feasibility Analysis; Program Refinements; Plan of Campaign; Case for Support; Campaign Brochure and all other elements essential for success.
Scott has a proven track record raising over $100 million with the following organizations:
- Bartow County Chamber of Commerce, Cartersville, Georgia,
- Momentum Economic Development Organization. Spokane, Washington
- Oak Ridge Chamber of Commerce, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- Eugene Chamber of Commerce, Eugene, Oregon
- Laurens County Chamber of Commerce, Laurens, South Carolina
- Yakima County Development Association, Yakima, Washington
- Fredericksburg Regional Alliance, Fredericksburg, Virginia (twice)
- East Cooper Family YMCA, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (F/A)
- The Friends of the Hunley, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Francis Marion University, Florence, South Carolina
- Southern Regional Healthcare Consortium in WV, SC, GA, AR, LA, AL, MS, TX
- Genesee Valley Healthcare Partnership, Geneseo, NY
- National Hunting and Fishing Museum, Tionesta, PA
- West Virginia Center for Rural Health Development, Charleston, WV
- Healthy Community Alliance, Gowanda, NY
- Lowcountry AIDS Services, Charleston, SC
- Darkness to Light, Charleston, SC
- Chesterfield County Economic Development Alliance, Chesterfield, SC
- National Association of Basketball Coaches, charitable and cause marketing consultant through their marketing arm, FishBait Marketing
- Jimmy V Foundation
- Kay Yow Foundation
- Coaches versus Cancer
- Troops First Foundation
- Ticket to Reading Rewards
- Samaritan’s Feet International
- Jefferson County Economic Development Oversight Committee, Dandridge, TN
- Alabama Wildlife Federation, Millbrook, AL
Scott is a former officer in the U.S. Army National Guard, and holds a B.A. from the College of Charleston. He currently resides in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina with his wife, Windsor, and their three children, Mary Miles, Claire and Ford. He is actively involved on the board of directors/advisers of many not for profit organizations locally.